Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dear Diary!

I'm sorry I've neglected you for so long, but have been BUSY.
Still am, but things are getting slowly under control again.

The weekend in town ended other than planned , but highly delight- and restful! Girl power rules!


And this weekend we finally moved into our new bedrooms. Which meant dealing with endless piles of fluffballs coming out of all the nooks and crannies. And shifting smaller and larger pieces of furniture. Not to mention trying to settle the kids into new routines, which I have to work out still. Also, last week I had Schlachtfest, 5 chickens and 4 bunnies ended in the freezer.
Dirty work, but yesterday we had another bunny roast for Sunday dinner, and it was scrumptious. Especially since the kids had declared they weren't going to eat bunny anymore! Well, that was what we were having for dinner. And as soon as it sat in front of them, all succulent and tasty, they couldn't stuff their faces fast enough!

This week I will work on getting order established, kind of that is, hey I'm still me, and then continue working on the goat places: finish the fence and get the roof started. Today I put the goats down by the chickens, we've got Old Man's beard and thistles there, not to mention the high grass, and they are having a high ole time.

Got two interesting phone calls from a couple of Rouen duck breeders, and my boys are now the last progeny of a show drake. Therefore "important" breeding stock. I better make sure nobody mistakenly gets them for dinner!

That's it for today, short and sweet, feeling absolutely exhausted, but in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment