Monday, September 12, 2011

Weigh in 2

I'm about to move the kits into a hutch by themselves as their mum might have another litter in the next couple of days. I want to make sure she doesn't get stressed out by these bouncy inquisitive fur balls. So, before moving them I decided to weigh them, a day early, but that doesn't really matter for me.
Results:
Yellow 844 grams
Black   838 grams
Green   710 grams
Red      854 grams


And I got myself, or rather my hens properly set up for hatching out a couple of eggs. It was supposed to be duck eggs, but the breeder down south is having a full-on time with the lambing, so I will wait another couple of months til the next one goes broody. As ducks mature a bit slower than chickens,it won't really make that much of a difference to my breeding regime anyway. And I'd rather not have him stressed out!

That's it for now, I'll be on baby watch again for the next 5 days, hopefully it'll all turn out well, and Uno's legacy will be a fruitful one!

No comments:

Post a Comment