Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oooops!

I've got a pet rooster!
Literally.
He's one of the last batch of unexpected chicks, 13 in total, and despite me not having handled them much, he's sooo friendly. Just now, I was leaning against the fence watching the chickens, he jumps up on the fence, eyes my patterned shirt and then jumps onto my hands. Kind of settles down and lets me pet him , and even has a little kip!!!

How on earth I am going to send him over the rainbow bridge in a couple of months I have no idea.

I'm kind of hoping he will be a gentle, quiet rooster, and not be in competition with dad. Maybe he could then settle at the other end of the property with a girl or two of his own?
Not much hope though, so far our main rooster has passed on his very dominant character traits: all his boys had to be eaten sooner rather than later.

Wait and see I suppose.


And for the bunnies, I've done another three today, only four more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment