Friday, January 7, 2011

5th June 2009

And the next two...

Posted 5th June 2009 at 11:54 AM by pisa
are gone.
Hopefully it'll be a bit more peaceful in the hen house!

I finally got around to it this morning and did both of them. Still have to find a good way of stopping the wings flapping.

Anyway, skinned the first one, not too badly fortunately, and I can't believe how much faster the second one got done. Talk about steep learning curve! One is now in the stock pot, simmering away, and the second in the fridge.
Btw, the difference in meat colour between the two is very remarkable, one looks almost as dark as I imagine a rabbit might look like!

The lighter was a mix of Black Hamburgh/Orpington/Bantam

The darker one as above PLUS Silver Wyandotte

I'll try roasting it in a bag tomorrow, I want to be able to taste the meat.
If it tastes as good as it looks I'll have to get more Wyandottes in.

Discovering what they look and taste like is certainly another adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment